Local Area Information – Miami South Beach
South Beach has been called the American Riviera and an Art Deco Playground.
Yet there's more than fine white sand and colorful buildings to South Beach's fantasyland of exuberant Deco architecture. South Beach offers an eclectic mix of world-class boutiques, galleries and stores.
It's also a culinary hot spot for everything from gourmet to casual beachside cuisine.
At night, South Beach comes alive with crowds ready to go out and have a world-class evening out.
With its Art Deco architecture, world-famous nightlife, and enormously popular beaches, Miami Beach has a reputation for being one of the top vacation destinations in the United States.
Known as a world-class beach resort for almost a century, South Beach has some of the best shopping in the area, with many high-end designers opening stores there. Check out Collins Avenue, known for high-end shopping and a buzzing nightlife; Washington Avenue heralded as part of the designer district; Lincoln Road, a seven-block strip of boutiques; and Espanola Way, a pedestrian mall whose architecture is reminiscent of a Spanish village.
A few additional suggestions of things to do in Miami Beach:
- Go dancing: Miami Beach is known for its see-and-be-seen nightspots. Liv Nightclub on Collins Road is where many celebrities are photographed.
- ArtCenter/South Florida: This public gallery is home to the works of some of the top artists in the area.
- GoCar GPS Tours: The world's first storytelling car offers a glimpse into the history of Miami Beach.
- Check out a Game: The Miami Heat, Florida Panthers, and Miami Marlins all play in the area.
- Go to the Beach: A visit to Miami wouldn't be complete without spending some time at the world-renowned beaches with beautiful views of the city.
Miami has events and attractions throughout the year, some of which attract visitors both nationally and internationally. A few of the biggest events in the city include the Miami Dade County Fair and Exposition in late March, Art Miami, and the Nasdaq-100 Open.
- Miami City Ballet - 0.1 miles
- Miami Beach Convention Center - 0.4 miles
- Bass Museum of Art - 0.2 miles
- Lincoln Road Mall - 0.8 miles
- Port of Miami - 3.4 miles
- American Airlines Arena - 3.9 miles
- Bayside Marketplace - 4 miles
- Bayfront Park - 4.1 miles
- Sun Life Stadium - 13.1 miles
- Aventura Mall - 11.1 miles
Apartment Location Highlights
- On the beach
- On the boardwalk
- By the ocean
- In the shopping district
- In the historical district
- In the entertainment district
- Renowned for beautiful sandy beaches, exciting nightlife, and designer shopping, Miami Beach is South Florida's playground.
- Visitors can lounge ocean-side, dine al fresco on international culinary delights, or browse clothing boutiques.
- For family-friendly fun, Miami Beach also boasts a seven-mile sandbox enclosed by the city's boardwalk, which is perfect for jogging and rollerblading.
If you have any questions about the location or activities available, please get in touch. We're happy to help!